Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Review
Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Review
As a society, we are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of maintaining good oral hygiene. When I was growing up, mouth maintenance mostly consisted of a brushing in the morning and at night (when I remembered) and flossing once a year right before I left to see the dentist.
That’s a regiment that just won’t cut it anymore. If you want the best oral hygiene equipment on the market that will help you achieve the health results you need and deserve, we can help you with your buying decision. The Oral-B Pro 8000 is the latest Oral-B model on the market, and it features their most innovative technology to date.
Today we will be examining some of this brush’s innovative features so you can decide if it is the right electric toothbrush for you.
Key Features & Technologies
The Oral-B Pro is an innovative new electric toothbrush that uses Bluetooth to communicate with your phone to optimize your oral health care. This cutting-edge brush uses intelligent sensors to ensure that you never miss an area of your mouth, while simultaneously working to ensure that you never overbrush your gums.
Let’s take a look at some of its features so you can decide for yourself if this cutting-edge technology is right for you.
- 6 Brushing Modes: The 6 brushing modes featured on the Oral-B Genius 8000 are the most completive modes that Oral B can provide at the moment, the modes were designed to ensure that everyone gets the clean that is right for them. Modes include Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Tongue Cleaning, and Pro Clean.
- The Daily Clean is perfect for ordinary everyday use, while the Gum Care is designed to massage and gently stimulate the gums.
- Those with a sensitive mouth will appreciate the lower speeds of the Sensitive setting, while the Whitening uses a variety of speeds to provide a thorough but gentle polish that will remove surface stains.
- The Pro Clean setting will deliver an intense oral cleaning by utilizing faster bristle movements, and Tongue Cleaning will encourage you to conclude each brushing the right way by ridding your tongue of excess bacteria.
- Real-Time Feedback: I don’t know about you, but in every brushing experience I have ever had, the $1.99 manual brush that I picked up at Walgreens has never tried to communicate with me before. The Oral-B 8000 on the other hand, will, using a combination of intelligent sensor and Bluetooth technology. As you brush you will be able to see through the screen of your smartphone which areas you have hit, and which you haven’t, to ensure that you get a thorough clean.
- Position Detection: The enhanced Position Detection system of the Oral-B Genius 8000 electric toothbrush allows you to see the area you’re brushing and guide you to adjust your brushing movement and ensure to cover each tooth. This system also comes with a Timer in the brush handle that alerts you when 2 minutes have passed. 2 minutes is the ideal amount of time that dentists recommend you spend brushing your teeth. Any more and you run the risk of damaging your gums, any less and you might be leaving bacteria on your teeth. The timer technology partners well with the sensor feature we looked at in the last bullet point to ensure that you are thoroughly addressing each part of your mouth.The Position Detection system is assembled in the Oral-B smart App, you need to turn on your smartphone camera and place in front of the mouth, so that the system will record and analysis your brushing movement and gives the real-time hints on your phone screen.
- 360’ SmartRing: The 360 SmartRing is an upgraded visible Pressure Indicator which applied in Pro 8000. It uses the LED lights to give you the choice of 12 colors to personalize your brushing experience. The SmartRing works with the Timer and Pressure Sensor to give you instant feedback to protect your gums from over brushing, while still ensuring that you get the dentist recommended 2-minutes of brush time.
- Oral-B App: The smart App is the component of this brush where all above innovative technology comes together. You can download the latest 4.1 Version on your smartphone(IOS or Android) for Real-Time brush updates, Position Detection and Timer notifications. It does more than just that, though. Using customizable settings, the App also allows you to input your dentist’s recommendations for which areas of your mouth need a little bit more focus. The App will then link with the Pressor Sensors in the brush handle via Bluetooth 4.0 to help ensure that you are spending enough time in those areas. Whether your goal is to improve your breath, whiten your teeth, or improve the health of your gums, the Oral-B 8000 together with the App can help.
- Innovative Brush Head: The Rounded Design of the brush head featured with this handle is designed to fit perfectly around each tooth for a clean that misses no spots. The 16-degree angle of the CrossAction toothbrush head also reaches deep between your teeth and uses pulsating, rotating brushstrokes to break up and remove 100% more plaque than a manual brush.
- Dual Charging and Extra-Long Battery Life: The Lithium Ion battery featured on the Oral-B 8000 is powerful in its own right, and can be charged in an innovative carry case designed to charge both your brush and your phone from one outlet. The brush handle offers a precise Battery Display which indicates when it’s time to charge. The powerful battery will deliver a long lasting powerful clean for up to 12 days before you need to charge it again.
Compare with Oral-B Pro 7000
While the Oral-B Pro 7000 and Pro 8000 share much of the same technology, the 8000 offers distinct improvements upon the performance of its predecessor. The most notable of these innovations come in the form of the Position Detection and 360’ SmartRing, which improves upon the Wireless SmartGuide and real-time feedback technology of the Pro 7000, to let you know right away when you have been brushing for too long, or too hard.
You may also found in the following chart that the Oral-B Pro 8000 is the most technically and functionally configured product and offers a wealth of accessories in the entire Pro series.back to menu ↑
How It Works
All of these new features and technologies sound great, don’t they? But they also sound like a whole lot more work than just opening the cardboard box you got from the drugstore, removing the brush, and using it.
Actually, it really isn’t all that much different; there are just a couple more steps to take along the way. When you pick up your Oral-B Pro 8000 the first thing that you are going to want to do is charge the handle using the cable included in the packaging.
While you are doing that, take the time to download the corresponding Oral-B app onto your smartphone or tablet. You should have no problem doing so, as most major brands are compatible.
Once that is complete, you will have already accomplished the hard part. When the handle is done charging, attach the brush (the high-grade brush head we mentioned earlier is included in the packaging) and start using it!
For as complicated as the App sounds the interface is quite simple and should interact right away with your brush as you start to use it.back to menu ↑
Accessories & Packages
Every package of Oral-B Pro 8000 includes:
- 1 Oral-B 8000 toothbrush handle;
- 3 brush heads, including 1 Sensitive, 1 CrossAction and 1 3D White;
- 1 Charging base with 4 slots for brush head storage unit;
- 1 Smartphone Holder;
- 1 smart travel case with the additional USB port.
If you wish, you may also always buy additional brush heads in various sizes.
back to menu ↑
Pros & Cons
- Best performance: The Oral-B 8000 takes care of up to 500% more plaque than its manual counterpart. Staggering, isn’t it? Plaque is bad for your teeth, it’s bad for your gums, and it’s bad for you. The fact that this product removes a lot of it is certainly a huge plus.
- Comprehensive: Brushing your teeth is one of those things that you do without putting much thought into the process. And why would you think about it? You’ve been brushing your teeth your entire life after all. But that thoughtlessness can come at the price of thoroughness. The Oral-B 8000 has an answer to that problem. The sensors make sure that you clean every area of your mouth thoroughly so nothing is left out.
- Caters directly to you: The ability to optimize the settings to suit your dentist’s recommendations is a huge plus. Since every person has their own unique set of circumstances, it is nice to have a brush that caters to your exact needs.
- Experts Preference: Oral-B is the number one brand that dentists recommend worldwide. It means that the features of this brush actually function the way they are advertised to, which results in deeper cleans, and improved oral hygiene.
- Guaranteed: This brush is a lot of money (we will talk about that in a minute, actually) what if I don’t like it? If for some reason you don’t care for the extensive features of this brush you have a two-month time frame to return it for a full refund.
- Price: The price of the Oral-B 8000 is distinctly higher than that of your standard manual brush. If you have never had to budget to pay for a toothbrush before, the price point on this model might come as something of a shock.
back to menu ↑
So there it is. The Oral-B 8000 is a high caliber brush that not only performs well but also actually teaches you better brushing habits. Without question, this product’s long list of features has a lot more to offer than your old manual brush does.
I’m sure that you could tell as you read through the review that I am a fan of this product. In terms of quality, technology, design, and performance, I would say that this product gets top marks across the board. That said since it comes with a price tag that won’t fit many people’s budget, it loses a couple of points. Therefore, on a scale of one through ten with the previously mentioned attributes being considered, I would give the Oral-B 8000 an 8.6.
There is no question that this brush is a good product. You will just have to decide for yourself if it is the right one for you. Personally, I think anything that takes the stress out of going to the dentist is worth the cost.
|Oral-B Genius 8000 Electric Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity, Black||Check Price|