Choosing the right electric toothbrush is paramount not just to your oral health but your overall well-being in general.
For that reason, today we will be taking a close look t the Oral–B 7500 to see how it aligns with your needs. The Oral-B 7500 is one of the company’s higher end brushes, and it comes with both a slew of features and a price tag that does well to demonstrate it.
The 7500 accomplishes its status as a top tier brush in most of the typical ways, featuring a variety of modes, brush heads, a rotation and oscillation patterns that make it a great brush for both a wide variety of users and a wide variety of approaches to oral hygiene care
The brush specifically focuses on removing bacteria and plaque safely around the gum line. Of course, it will still also be able to handle all of the duties typically associated with a toothbrush.
The biggest thing that distinguishes this handle from lower tier alternatives, however, is the incorporation of Bluetooth and App technology.
The Bluetooth and app components of this handle place it in the category of a “smart brush”. The result is that you get access to a lot more data about your brushing patterns that will allow you to improve your overall oral hygiene.
The features, of course, do correspond with an elevated price tag, but if you are willing to pay a little bit more to get a little bit more, the 7500 is definitely a brush to consider.
[wpsm_titlebox title=”” style=”7″][wpsm_toplist][/wpsm_titlebox]
Appearance and Designing
Overall, the appearance of this handle does not represent much of a departure from what one would expect to encounter with an electric toothbrush.
The unit actually comes with 4 color options. You can get your handle in all black or white, white with an orchid face plate, or white with a rose gold face plate. No matter what color option that you choose you are still going to enjoy the same basic design.
The faceplate itself is pretty standard, featuring a power button, and an arrow button that can be used to shift through the various modes of use.
There are also small icons descending vertically that represent said modes of use, that light up when selected so that you can be sure of what you are using.
What I like perhaps most of all about the design concept is the conveniently located pressure sensor ring that is placed right where the handle meets the brush head.
The ring lights up when too much pressure is applied so that users do not run the risk of damaging or injuring their gums.
All in all, these are high-quality though mostly standard components of any brush of this caliber.
Key Features & Technologies
The Pro 7500 boasts several features that set it apart from other similar units. For one thing, the smart ring on the brush opens you up to a wide range of instant feedback. The most important aspect of this feedback is the pressure sensor which ensures that you don’t wind up injuring your gums with all of the impressive power of the 7500.
The Pro 7500 also features an extra-long battery life that allows you to go weeks in between charges, a Bluetooth component that gives you access to the Oral-B App, which will track your brushing progress and help you set goals and 5 modes of use (Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, and Deep Clean) that will open you up to a variety ways to approach your oral hygiene.
Compared to other similar products from the upper tier of the Oral-B line, the 7500 stacks up pretty well. The Pro 7000 does feature a unique chargeable carrying case, and an external timer pacer that helps you keeps track of your brushing, the Pro 7500 has also Li-Ion battery which better than the Ni Cd from the Pro 7000. The Pro 8000 also has the rechargeable carrying case, and a sixth feature (tongue cleaning).
Generally speaking, the Pro 7000 is priced roughly quite similarly to the 7500, while the Pro 8000 is priced a little bit higher.
How The Pro 7500 Works
Working the 7500 is pretty simple. Upon buying the product, you will want to install the Oral-B App onto whatever appropriate device you have.
This handle can of course still be used without the App but to make the most of the features you will definitely want to utilize the Bluetooth technology.
Once you download the App simply follow the instruction to get it synced up with your brush.
After that, working the brush is fairly self-explanatory. You will, of course, need to charge the handle up, but once you have done so, you should find that the design is fairly intuitive.
The Power button activates the brush, and after that the arrow button allows you to choose your mode of use.
And that’s it! Once you decide which mode you would like to use you are good to go!
Accessories & Packages.
The Oral B 7500 comes with a premium travel case (features a rigid, durable structure), 3 replacement brush heads, a base charger. All in all, it’s a pretty standard starter kit for an electric toothbrush.
Pros & Cons
[wpsm_divider top=”20px” bottom=”20px” style=”dotted”]
- Bluetooth: While it would not be fair to say that Bluetooth is a standard component of electric toothbrushes everywhere, it is a pretty prominent aspect of most high-grade options. That being the case, it is definitely nice to see that Oral B is embracing this technology with the 7500. With the App support, you are going to be able to get plenty of feedback about your brushing that will change the way you approach your oral hygiene.
- Pressure Sensor: A pressure sensor is a great feature to have in an electric toothbrush. Electric handles are really awesome, but they are also very powerful making them a little bit difficult for beginners to get the hang of.The pressure sensor ensures that as you get used to your new brush you don’t run the risk of hurting yourself.
- 5Modes: Realistically, you are probably only really going to use one mode once you get up and running with your brush. However, there are definitely situations where having multiple options is going to be beneficial especially on the days where your teeth or gums are sensitive. For those occasions, the five modes of use (Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, and Deep Clean) are definitely going to come in handy.
- Extra Long Battery Life: The nice thing about manual toothbrushes is that they never run out of battery. While unfortunately, electric handles will never be able to accomplish this, the extended battery life featured on this unit is certainly a step in the right direction. It’s simple really: the longer the battery life of a handle, the longer you will be able to enjoy it without interruption.
- Great Brush Head: The standard brush head that comes with this model is pretty great. The round head is designed to fit individually around each tooth so that you get the best clean possible.
[wpsm_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
- It’s Not Going to Fit Everyone’s Budget: The thing about top tier brushes like the 7500 is that they aren’t always going to be suitable for everyone’s budget. I would say that that is definitely the situation of this brush. The 7500 has a lot going for it, but affordability is not necessarily one of those things. If you are on a tighter budget, my guess is that this isn’t going to be the brush for you.
- A Little Too Powerful: You will also probably notice that this handle is a little bit more powerful than you are used to, even if you have had an electric unit before. I list this as a con because if you are not careful it will aggravate your teeth and gums. Of course, the good news is that with the pressure sensor you should be able to minimize the risk of any actual injury.
So the question remains: Is the 7500 right for you, or would you be better served by another handle? Perhaps something different from the Oral-B line?
My thoughts are that if you are indeed in the market for an upper tier Oral B brush, the 7500 does represent an excellent opportunity to get a combination of high-caliber features at a price that at least isn’t quite as high as some of the other comparable products on the market.
In other words, if a nice, high-tech brush is what you want, the 7500 is a great way to get it.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a simpler option that won’t put quite the same strain on your wallet, you are probably going to want to look elsewhere for your toothbrush.
Personally, I am of the opinion that if you do settle on this brush and it indeed is within your budget you will definitely be glad that you chose it.
The tech is top of the line, and the features are enough to put you on the right track with your oral health. What else could you want out of a toothbrush?