Philips Sonicare 2 Series Review
Philips Sonicare 2 Series Review
Don’t let a bad breath be an obstacle to living your life to the fullest. Smiling or talking when there are people around should not be hindered by bad oral health. You should always ensure that your mouth and teeth hygiene is highly maintained. That’s why I’m introducing you the super toothbrush known as the Philips Sonicare 2 series plaque control.
The Philips 2 series consists of 6 models, including HX6211/04, HX6211/07, HX6211/46, HX6211/47, HX6211/48 and HX6218/10.The first 5 models have the same functions but with differences colors.
It is tough on plaque, bacteria that cause bad breath, black stains that discolor your teeth and more so cavities. Hence the Philips 2 series leaves your mouth and teeth 6 times more than the widely used manual toothbrush. It features a 1 cleaning mode, 1 ProResults plaque control brush head to scrap your teeth and 1 tongue brush (HX6218/10) that comes along with a tongue spray. The toothbrush features a sonic technology that perfects the cleaning process and results to a marvelous impact on your mouth. It features an awesome slim ergonomic design that allows the toothbrush ton penetrate to the hardest places to reach. It is easy to operate hence you don’t find it hard to at least brush twice a day.
Key Features & Technologies
- This electric toothbrush features the Sonic technology powered by Phillips. This technology on your Sonicare 2 series plaque control allows the fluid run between the teeth, along the gum line for thorough cleaning with up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute. This leads to 100% percent and excellent performance. The technology enables the toothbrush to prevent cavities in your teeth and it cares for your tongue, removing all bacteria that result in bad breath.
- The Sonicare 2 series plaque control is tough on stains. It removes the plaque 6x faster than the manual toothbrush.
- It features an advanced angled design. The angled design has the ability to reach the places that are difficult to access (like the back teeth) and helps the user to access the back teeth leaving them clean.
- This electric toothbrush features a Smart Timer. The smart timer helps the user to meet the recommended brushing time of 2 minutes.
- It is easy to start it up because it features an easy start program – exceptional every day clean brushing mode that helps most users to adjust from the manual toothbrush.
- The Sonicare 2 series plaque control includes 1 ProResults plaque control brush head which is safe on all teeth irregularities are also known as orthodontics, it is also safe for dental work and dental veneers
For the model HX6218/10, the kit also offers the TongueCare+ tongue brush and the Philips Sonicare BreathRx spray for a deep cleaning of your mouth:
- The head of TongueCare+ tongue brush was made by the 240 rubber MicroBristles. You can transform the brush head from “ProResults” to “TongueCare+” very quickly, just one click onto the Philips Sonicare toothbrush handle. The flexible MicroBristles works together with the 31,000 vibrations per minute brush handle and clean around the ridges and grooves, break up tongue debris, sweep away bad-breath bacteria.
- The Philips Sonicare BreathRx tongue spray is clinically proven to kill bad breath bacteria and neutralize odors instantly. The special thick formula coats the tongue and keeps it lubricated for a gentle cleaning experience. The cool mint flavor also makes your mouth feeling fresh and stays for longer.
I have recommended the Phillips Sonicare Essence in my last post, it is an entry-level product for a normal daily cleaning. However, the basic functions of Sonicare Essence are similar to the 2 Series. Compare with these two products, I would say that the 2 series will be more powerful on the plaque removal and reduce cavities. Although they have the same brush stroke – 31,000 strokes/min, due to the different brush head (ProResults vs. e-Series standard) the 2 series can help to remove plaque 6x faster than the manual toothbrush while the Sonicare Essence only removes plaque 2x faster.back to menu ↑
How It Works
The Sonicare 2 series plaque control is easy to handle because it features a general mode to satisfy the daily cleaning of most people. Here are my Tips for users to follow:
- Wet the toothpaste just a little bit at least to soften the electric’s toothbrush bristles. Don’t turn it on until you have placed in the mouth and on top of your teeth.
- Direct it to your mouth, put it in the right position and ensure you place it at an angle of 45° from your gums.
- Move it swiftly and gently on your teeth, make sure you are applying no extra pressure on the handle.
- Move it along the gum line and try to put the brush head into the hard to reach areas. Examples of these areas are; the inner parts of molars and pre-molars on the upper and lower jaw, in between the teeth and any other place that you find it hard reaching.
- The recommended brushing time is 2 minutes, so after 2 minutes the brush will alert you. Remove it from your mouth. Spit what in your mouth and rinse your mouth fully. Don’t forget to rinse or clean your brush.
After following the above steps I can assure you of a clean and fresh mouth all day free from bacteria that may cause infections. You have to make this your daily routine and do it twice every day. After you have tried all these, you will just want to keep smiling and talking to everyone you meet along. Make sure you change your brush head after every 3 months for effective brushing.
Smart timer and Quadpacer simply the brushing
This doesn’t mean that you now start brushing while holding a stopwatch or while you are looking at the clock. It features a Smart timer that will encourage 2 minutes of brushing hence keeping you on track when brushing. The 2 Series features a Quadpacer that will BEEP after every 30 seconds to allow another brushing process in your mouth. The Quad pacer is important too because it allows you to reach each and every part of the teeth. Just like its name suggests “the Quadpacer” the electric toothbrush is supposed to brush your teeth in 4 quarters and each quarter of your teeth should be brushed at an interval of 30 seconds. To know that you are done brush it will beep four times and you will be aware you have completed your oral cleaning.
Accessories & Packages
- 1 Handles- The package feature specifically a 2 Series plaque control handles. It consists of the rechargeable battery. When you want to charge the toothbrush the handle is the part you connect to the charger. It also consists of a button that you click it twice when turning it on. The handle also features a battery indicator that reflects the status of the battery.
- 1 ProResults plaque control brush head – The brush heads facilitate the brushing process. They enable the toothbrush to remove the plaque six time times faster compared to the widely used manual toothbrush.
- 1 Charger- The charger connects the toothbrush to the power source and allows the battery to charge.
- 1 Anti-bacterial tongue spray(for model HX6218/10 only) – The package also features a powerful spray with combined ingredients from Philips Sonicare that is so effective. After completing the brushing process you wind up by spraying this spray to your mouth. This is done to prevent bad oral odors. It also ensures that your breath is fresh all day even when you are quiet for a long period of time.
- 1 Tongue brush (for model HX6218/10 only) – When you brush your teeth but you don’t make an effort of brushing your tongue then the whole process is a waste of time. This is the only reason you should ensure you get this Sonicare 2 series plaque control package. It consists of a tongue brush. It removes all food debris that may have stuck on your tongue causing the growth of harmful bacteria that result in bad breath.
If you have already bought the non-clinic kit edition like the HX6211/04, you are also able to choose the separately sold accessories as you need, including the Philips tongue brush or anti-bacterial tongue spray from the online shop the package doesn’t offer the travel case. However, it is easy to find the Philips universal toothbrush case on Amazon if you want to bring your toothbrush for a vacation or a business trip. Of course, you can choose a third party travel case which also fit the 2 Series if you want to have a lower price here.
|Philips Sonicare Travel Case|
|Caseling Hard CASE for Philips Sonicare 2 Series|
|Hermitshell Hard Plastic Travel Case for Philips Sonicare 2 / 3 Series|
Pros & Cons
- The 2 Series is especially designed and powerful to clean the
- It also keeps your gums safe at the same time and whitens teeth if you make brushing a daily routine with this electric toothbrush.
- The clinic kit edition with additional tongue brush and tongue spray leaves your mouth fresh and clean all day than other models.
- The battery system has long-lasting charge that will serve you for fourteen days
- There is only one brushing mode; the advanced users may require more brushing styles.
- The original bundling brush head – ProResults is good at plaque control, but not suitable for those with sensitive teeth.
back to menu ↑
The combination of all these features I have talked about will give you nothing but a clean and fresh mouth. Confidence will emerge from you. You will always want to wear a smile on your face and talk more.If you are a smoker, I would say being the tongue care and plaque cleaner with Phillips Sonicare 2 series makes you don’t worry about the bacterial plaque. This feature makes it unique and complete because oral cleaning requires a thorough one and reaching all parts of the mouth including the tongue.Take a step today! Say no bad breaths that limit your happiness and other people’s peace. This electric toothbrush is clinically tested by the dentists and it is very safe to use.
| 2 Series (Sky Blue)
With Tonguecare Plus Kit
|2 Series (Sky Blue)||HX6211/04||Check Price|
|2 Series (Black)||HX6211/07||Check Price|
|2 Series (Ultra-Coral)||HX6211/28||Check Price|
|2 Series (Guacamole)||HX6211/48||Check Price|
|2 Series (Coral)||HX6211/47||Check Price|
|2 Series (Steel Blue)||HX6211/46||Check Price|