Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ Review
Philips HX8911/99 Sonicare HealthyWhite+ Review
Everybody wants to have a healthy white, bright smile and the Philips HX8911/99 Sonicare Healthywhite+ electric toothbrush can help to turn that dream into a reality.
The innovative Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ claims to deliver whiter teeth in just 1 week, and it certainly lives up to those claims. Users can choose between 2 toothbrush modes: clean or white. The clean mode is ideal for everyday cleaning, whilst the white mode helps take care of stubborn surface stains. The toothbrush also has 3 intensity settings: Low, medium and high. This means that you can continue to use the brush in its lowest setting even when your teeth are feeling sensitive, and still get results.
Key Features & Technologies
Research has shown that in just one week the model removes up to 100% more stains than using a manual toothbrush alone. In two weeks the Philips Sonicare Healthywhite+ lightened teeth by up to two shades. The brush is also able to remove up to 7 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush, making this one of the most effective plaques removing brushes on the market.
One of the main benefits of the Philips Sonicare Healthywhite+ is that it enables you to keep eating and drinking the foods that you love without having to worry about how they will stain your teeth.
The brush features both Smartimer and Quadpacer timers so that you can ensure you are brushing your teeth for the recommended length of time, every time. It will also give you the warning to remind you to change the part of your mouth you are brushing, meaning no tooth will be missed out. With its slim ergonomic design and a light to show its battery status, you’ll always be able to use your toothbrush when you need it, and you will be warned when you need to charge it to ensure that your battery never runs out.
The most important features of the brush are:
- 3 modes to change the intensity of your cleaning, including Low, Medium and High
- High-speed performance, up to 620000 brush movements per minute
- The diamond shaped bristles have incredible performance compared to manual brushing, it removes up to 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush and able to lighten teeth by two shades in two weeks
- Twin different timer settings, both Smartimer and Quadpacer
- Long life battery, rechargeable with up to three weeks life between charge
How It Works
The length of each brush will depend on whether you have opted for the clean or the white setting, with the white setting lasting 30 seconds longer. Use your brush for the full recommended period of time, twice a day, and you will soon begin to see the advertised results.back to menu ↑
Accessories & Packages
Each basic Sonicare Healthywhite+ package contains one toothbrush with two modes and six customizable settings, one removable brush head, one carrying case, and one compact charging unit.
The Sonicare Healthywhite+ series uses the DiamondClean brush heads, which are available to buy separately in packs of either two or three depending on your needs. These diamond-shaped heads have a medium stiffness, enabling them to effectively brush away plaque. Although they need to be replaced regularly, as with any toothbrush or toothbrush head, the DiamondClean heads are surprisingly hard wearing and will last much longer than a traditional manual toothbrush before needing to be replaced.
To take care of your tongue health, providing complete oral cleanliness, you can also buy TongueCare+ tongue brushes to fit your Sonicare Healthywhite+ brush, These are equipped with 240 specially designed micro bristles to help you deep clean your tongue and keep bacteria at bay.
back to menu ↑
Pros & Cons
- Adaptable intensity settings, which allow you to choose how powerful the vibrations of the toothbrush are. This is a great feature, particularly if you have sensitive teeth. With two modes and six customizable settings, the Philips Sonicare is fully adaptable.
- Robust battery with a long life. The battery of the Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ can last for up to three weeks of daily use without charge. This is ideal for individuals who travel frequently and are looking for an electric toothbrush that they can take with them on vacation, or on business trips, without having a pack a bulky charger or additional batteries as well.
- The slim, ergonomic design of the toothbrush and its compact size make it ideal for taking and using on the go, and also makes it easy to hold.
- The brush has simple and intuitive controls, which mean that you can change the power and intensity of your clean whilst you are using the product without any difficulty: ideal for getting exactly the kind of clean you want and leave your mouth feeling as fresh as possible.
- The Philips Sonicare Healthywhite+ is competitively priced, particularly when compared to other toothbrushes on the market with similar specifications.
- The toothbrush is noisy when compared to other brushes on the market. It produces a large vibrating noise when it is turned on which means it cannot be used with discretion, particularly when used in the most powerful mode.
- The body of the brush is also made of plastic, rather than the rubber favored by other models, meaning that the brush can occasionally become slippery when it is wet.
- The brush is only supplied with one Diamondwhite+ head, meaning that you’ll have to buy new heads at the same time as buying your toothbrush. Other toothbrush brands supply two or three heads with the initial product purchase.
back to menu ↑
The Philips Sonicare Healthywhite+ is a great mid-range toothbrush, particularly for individuals who are looking to improve the whiteness of their teeth in a relatively short period of time. Compared to other electric toothbrushes currently available on the market there are many benefits of choosing the Sonicare Healthywhite+. It is affordable, easy to use, and have a proven track record of leaving teeth healthy, clean, and white. When you use this toothbrush, you’ll feel the difference right away, which is why it deserves a five-star review.