The Sonic Vibration and Rotational Vibration are the most popular technologies in the current electric toothbrush market. Philip and Oral-B are the leaders of these two techniques.
Today I choose the two representatives products from Philip and Oral-B, the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9352/04(black) and Oral-B Pro 7000(black) Basic, which applied the latest sonic and rotational technologies of each brand’s product line.
You will learn more about above two products from my comparison of their key features.
I have provided the product introductions and customer reviews of Philips Sonicare DiamondClean and Oral-B Pro 7000 in my blog, so before the following pages, I suggest you read these two articles if you want to have a detailed insight of these two products.
|DiamondClean Black||Oral-B Pro 7000|
|Design and Finishing|
|Easy of use|
|Check Price||Check Price|
- The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9352/04 has a curved smooth and concise body, the only physical button is used to control the power switch, and meanwhile, you can use the other five indicator lights to choose the brushing models. This design has a unique sense of technology and looks very cool. On the other hand, the body is lack of anti-skid handling, you may be careful when brushing the teeth, the toothbrush might slip especially when flushing.
- Oral-B Pro 7000 has an arc-shaped fuselage body design, wrapped with black anti-skidding rubber and silver chrome-plating material. The back of the fuselage using non-slip treatment. There are two keys on the fuselage (switch key and switch mode key). The overall design and function layout are more abundant and practical, but you will feel a little complicated when comparing with the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean.
Since the sonic vibration and rotational vibration are the total different cleaning technique. You will find very different user expense between the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9352/04 and the Oral-B Pro 7000. I will describe the specific differences from the following perspectives.
- The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean has lower noise than the Oral-B; meanwhile, it has the very high-frequency vibration, which likes bees buzzing sound.
- The Oral-B 7000 has a loud noise when it works. it sounds like the voice of an ordinary electric shaver.
- Brush Heads
- There are two toothbrush heads in the sells kit of Philips Sonicare DiamondClean. The toothbrush heads are the same model, just for replacement in every 3 months. The good thing is that the head looks similar with the normal manual toothbrushes (in fact it has very different structure, you can see the ultrasonic holes in the brush head if you check it carefully), which will help the users to reduce the adaption period, just feel like using a manual toothbrush but come with the better cleaning effect.I have studied the Philips’ toothbrush heads and found out that they have very limited product lines, I think Philips intends to develop more brushing modes and integrate on the toothbrush to make up for the shortage of brush head products. This is the minimalist design concept which Philips pursues.
- The Oral-B pro 7000 Basic comes with three different types of brushes in its sells kit. Each brush head is a difference in material and structure and requires different brush modes to fit and use. This kind of versatile design will make you feel a little bit complicated when using this product at the first time. Most of the rotational vibration brush heads of Oral-B are round shape, the surrounded feeling is stronger than the normal toothbrush, and theoretically, the overall cleaning effect will also be better.
- There are two toothbrush heads in the sells kit of Philips Sonicare DiamondClean. The toothbrush heads are the same model, just for replacement in every 3 months. The good thing is that the head looks similar with the normal manual toothbrushes (in fact it has very different structure, you can see the ultrasonic holes in the brush head if you check it carefully), which will help the users to reduce the adaption period, just feel like using a manual toothbrush but come with the better cleaning effect.
- Brushing Time & Using Hints
- The recommended brushing time of Philips Sonicare DiamondClean is two minutes, and the brush areas are were divided into four areas, each area needs to be brushed and cleaned with 30 seconds. After every 30 seconds, the Philips Quadpacer timer will remind you to move to the next area. This is a quite useful function improve your brushing operations. I think the only thing missing is the pressure sensor, It may affect your posture and strength of brushing the teeth.
- Oral-B Pro 7000 also has the two minutes timer and four recommended brushing areas, 30 seconds of each brushing area, the toothbrush will prompt you to brush the next area in every 30 seconds.Compare with the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean, the Oral-B Pro 7000 has assembled the pressure sensor. When brushing your teeth, the red indicator light on the toothbrush body will light up if the pressure is too large, which give you the warning and help you to develop good brushing habits.
- Brushing Modes
- The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean programmed five brushing modes, including: Clean, White, Polish, Gum Care and Sensitive. Because it has only one button, all patterns are carried out by this button.You can select the modes within five seconds after switch on toothbrush body. You will turn off the body if you press that button again after five seconds. If you want to switch the modes during the brushing, you have to turn the body off, then turn on the power and select the modes again. Because these models are integrated into the toothbrush above, so it feels Philips design idea is to brush your teeth every time users use the same mode. Although the minimalist design of Philips is attractive, I think it still needs to be improved in the aspect of the human operation.
- The Oral-B Pro 7000 has six programmed modes, including Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner. There are two separate buttons on the body, one is the power button, and another is the mode switch. It is convenient for users to switch the modes while brushing their teeth. The key feature of Oral-B Pro 7000 is that the switching modes, brushing time could display on the SmartGuide. This is a very creative and used auxiliary function.The SmartGuide is an APP installed in the smartphone and automatically synchronous the data in the toothbrush via Bluetooth. I found that this APP could record your most recent 20 times brushing data, it is also could generate the data reports in the smartphone which will help the user to track their brushing actives and develop a better brushing habit. You can put the smartphone next to the bathroom mirror, It’s convenient for you to read the real-time data while brushing your teeth. However, there is a problem that the wireless wizard and the toothbrush are not a one-to-one match, so when two people brush their teeth at the same time will affect each other.
- The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean programmed five brushing modes, including: Clean, White, Polish, Gum Care and Sensitive. Because it has only one button, all patterns are carried out by this button.
- Battery Life
- The battery of Philips Sonicare DiamondClean can hold for about 20 days with the conditions of full electricity, two times a day and two minutes of each use.
- The battery of Oral-B Pro 7000 can hold for about 10 days with the same using conditions.
- Charging Method
- Philips’ unique design concept once again embodied in its charging mode! You can put and charge the Sonicare DiamondClean into the cup or in a charging travel case. In fact, the cup is an inductive charger, it is a cool integration of our manual brushing back to the cup of the natural habits, simply do not have to deliberately concern about the battery power problems.
- Oral-B Pro 7000 also has the induction charging mode, but it must be coincided with charging whole. This is a more routine design.
Pros & Cons
- There are many cool design and unique innovation of Philips Sonicare DiamondClean, same brush and manual toothbrush head, easy to use. Low noise.
- The Oral-B 7000 is a more practical product in design and function, like the non-slip handle, variety of brush choices. In especial, the SmartGuid makes your brushing more intuitive.
- Philips Sonicare DiamondClean lack of practical design. For example, the anti-skid handling, inconvenient mode switching, no data recording function, unable to see the data of brushing, lack of pressure sensor. Tips are on the toothbrush, not intuitive.
- Oral-B 7000 has many features, but the operation will be too cumbersome, increase learning costs, so brush teeth become more complex.
back to menu ↑
Who is suitable for the toothbrush
- The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean is suitable for those customers who will concern about the shape of the product and minimalist designing concept, and hope to remain consistent with the traditional toothbrush in basic functions and daily operations.
- The Oral-B Pro 7000 is designed for those people who like the cool technologies, but also willing to take the time to study, brush your teeth as a pleasure.
- However, the Sonicare DimondClean and Oral-B Pro 7000 are only representing the high-end products in their respective brands. You can have a reference from our comprehensive comparative analysis if you want to explore the entire product lines between Philips Sonicare and Braun Oral-B，and then pick out the most suitable one for you.
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean’s appearance and functional design are reflected in its minimalist design concept; it seeks to give users a simple user experience and makes you feel almost no difference between any ordinary toothbrushes.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 gives consumers more choices, such as more brushing modes, more types of brush heads, easier to control, more intuitive data presentation brushing. Enrich the process of brushing teeth and increase the fun of brushing teeth.